Tempe man in extremely critical condition after being shot Friday
PHOENIX — A 48-year-old man remains in extremely critical condition after being shot Friday night, Tempe police said.
According to a press release, Tempe Police and Fire Medical Rescue responded around 7:30 p.m. to reports of a shooting near Hardy and University Drives.
Upon arrival, police found the 48-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the neck.
He was transported to a local hospital.
Authorities said the shooting was not a random act, and the suspect specifically targeted his victim.
They have not released the identify of the shooter.
There are no known additional threats to the public regarding the shooting and detectives are currently investigating the incident.
(UPDATE: The man, identified as Jimmy Lee Williams, died of his injuries)
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Live updates: Latest on coronavirus in Arizona, which has 17,262 cases
- Scottsdale, Peoria ranked among top 20 staycation locations in country
- Maricopa County has almost two-thirds of state’s unemployment claims
- Live updates: Latest on coronavirus in Arizona, which has 16,339 cases
- Taxpayer bill from Joe Arpaio’s profiling case will reach $178M