Wreck brings traffic to a crawl on Interstate 10 in Tempe
PHOENIX – An early morning wreck on a freeway brought traffic to nearly a standstill Friday in Tempe.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the 4 a.m. accident on eastbound Interstate 10 near Baseline Road left only one lane open for drivers.
Big rigs, passengers cars and commercial trucks crawled along the roadway. Traffic was backed up to State Route 143 and long delays were expected.
ABC15 reported a truck and motorcycle had collided and that the person on the motorcycle was taken to the hospital. The extent of the injuries was not not known.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) September 6, 2019
All lanes were open again shortly before 6 a.m.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ADOT crews to patrol Valley freeways to respond to crashes faster
- Tempe Town Lake to celebrate 20th anniversary with community event
- Tempe police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Well above par: Topgolf introduces esports lounges in the Valley
- Southbound Interstate 17 in Phoenix closed after dump truck wreck