Wreck brings traffic to a crawl on Interstate 10 in Tempe
PHOENIX – An early morning wreck on a freeway brought traffic to nearly a standstill Friday in Tempe.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the 4 a.m. accident on eastbound Interstate 10 near Baseline Road left only one lane open for drivers.
Big rigs, passengers cars and commercial trucks crawled along the roadway. Traffic was backed up to State Route 143 and long delays were expected.
ABC15 reported a truck and motorcycle had collided and that the person on the motorcycle was taken to the hospital. The extent of the injuries was not not known.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) September 6, 2019
All lanes were open again shortly before 6 a.m.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Interstate 17 southbound traffic backup begins to diminish following crash
- Westbound I-10 lanes at Interstate 17 split reopened after crash in Phoenix
- No metro Phoenix freeway restrictions scheduled for Memorial Day weekend
- Driver in Tempe car-pedestrian collision charged with manslaughter
- Woman crossing street in Phoenix hit by car, killed