Dust, thunderstorms roll into Valley for Labor Day weekend
PHOENIX — After parts of the Valley saw a rare monsoon storm Wednesday, the area was hit once again with rain, dust storms and power outages.
The East Valley experienced dust rolling in ahead of the rain.
The National Weather Service issued a dust storm warning for Maricopa and Pinal Counties until 6:38 p.m.
The NWS also issued a severe thunderstorm watch for parts of Arizona until 11 p.m. with threats of hail, wind and lightning.
Accordig to SRP’s power outage map, more than 2,000 customers in parts of Scottsdale, Mesa and Tempe experienced power outages around 5 p.m. Sunday.
Around 6:45 p.m., the NWS issued a flash flood warning for Maricopa County until 12:12 am. Sept. 2.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Multiple homes damaged, other structures threatened in Ocotillo Fire
- Phoenix police involved in shooting with fleeing suspect
- Live updates: Latest on coronavirus in Arizona, which has 19,255 cases
- Arizona reports second consecutive day of record coronavirus numbers
- Final round of Arizona Testing Blitz to take place Saturday for COVID-19