Dust, thunderstorms roll into Valley for Labor Day weekend
PHOENIX — After parts of the Valley saw a rare monsoon storm Wednesday, the area was hit once again with rain, dust storms and power outages.
The East Valley experienced dust rolling in ahead of the rain.
The National Weather Service issued a dust storm warning for Maricopa and Pinal Counties until 6:38 p.m.
The NWS also issued a severe thunderstorm watch for parts of Arizona until 11 p.m. with threats of hail, wind and lightning.
Accordig to SRP’s power outage map, more than 2,000 customers in parts of Scottsdale, Mesa and Tempe experienced power outages around 5 p.m. Sunday.
Around 6:45 p.m., the NWS issued a flash flood warning for Maricopa County until 12:12 am. Sept. 2.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona has 16 dams rated high-hazard and in poor shape
- Jury acquits AC installer who fatally shot Surprise customer after fight
- Arizona opens state’s 1st trade and investment office in Israel
- Arizona woman pleads guilty in deaths of 2 young kids left in car
- Drug cartel gunmen kill 9 American citizens in ambush in Mexico