Active shooter training to take place in downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX — An active shooter training will be taking place at the Herberger Theater complex in downtown Phoenix on Tuesday, Phoenix police announced in a press release on Saturday.
Phoenix Police and Fire Departments will partake in the training that will take place from around 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., with the latter part of the day consisting of drills and scenarios.
The training will be provided by the Homeland Defense Bureau and Training Bureau.
Because there will be an increase of police and fire apparatus, personnel and warning signage in the area, there will be traffic restrictions on Van Buren and Monroe Streets from Second to Third Streets, as well Second and Third Streets from Van Buren to Monroe Streets.
Regular public safety service will not be affected by the training.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police fatally shoot armed man following domestic violence call
- Phoenix firefighters seeing increase in structure fires as temperatures rise
- Suspect in Phoenix double-homicide booked on murder charges
- Teenage boy dead, 2 others injured in shooting outside Phoenix store
- Mother alleges excessive force by Phoenix police in death of son