Motorcyclist in extremely critical condition after crash
A 38-year-old motorcyclist is in critical condition after a crash that shut down Thomas Road for most of the afternoon Friday.
Around 12:42 p.m., a 57-year-old woman driving a 2015 Toyota Corolla was stopped near 8th Street and Thomas Road due to the backup of traffic.
The driver of the 2000 Suzuki motorcycle collided with the rear end of the Toyota.
The motorcyclist was transported to a local hospital.
Police say speed may have been a factor. There was no indications of impairment.
The intersection was closed for about four hours.
According to police, the investigation is ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Police still looking for man who raped, killed Mesa woman in 1989
- Video shows arsonist lowering himself into Phoenix restaurant
- Semitruck crash shuts down eastbound Interstate 10 at Loop 101
- Pedestrian dead after motor vehicle collision in Phoenix
- Police activity closes Interstate 10 at 51st Avenue in Phoenix