Motorcyclist in extremely critical condition after crash
A 38-year-old motorcyclist is in critical condition after a crash that shut down Thomas Road for most of the afternoon Friday.
Around 12:42 p.m., a 57-year-old woman driving a 2015 Toyota Corolla was stopped near 8th Street and Thomas Road due to the backup of traffic.
The driver of the 2000 Suzuki motorcycle collided with the rear end of the Toyota.
The motorcyclist was transported to a local hospital.
Police say speed may have been a factor. There was no indications of impairment.
The intersection was closed for about four hours.
According to police, the investigation is ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Metro Phoenix leaders condemn violent protest over George Floyd death
- Westbound I-10 lanes at Interstate 17 split reopened after crash in Phoenix
- Officials say quick response helped mitigate threat of Westgate shooting
- Colleagues remember fallen Phoenix Commander Greg Carnicle
- Gunshot victim involved in rollover crash on US 60 in Mesa