Silver Alert canceled after missing Peoria woman found dead
PHOENIX – Authorities canceled a Silver Alert on Tuesday morning after a missing Peoria woman was found dead.
The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office told Peoria police they found the body of Rosalie Young, 78, and are investigating the death.
Officials said foul play is not suspected.
“This is obviously not the outcome that everyone was hoping for and we would like to extend our condolences to Young’s family,” Peoria police said in a Facebook post.
Young was last seen Aug. 17 at her home near Cactus Road and 79th Avenue.
Her family became concerned when she didn’t make it to a doctor’s appointment Thursday.
Young’s family said she suffered from cancer, diabetes and possible memory loss.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert issued for 78-year-old West Valley woman
- Silver Alert issued for 78-year-old Gilbert man
- Peoria teacher faces 24 molestation charges involving 12 victims
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from September 27-29
- Silver Alert canceled after young Chandler woman found safe