Silver Alert canceled after missing Peoria woman found dead
PHOENIX – Authorities canceled a Silver Alert on Tuesday morning after a missing Peoria woman was found dead.
The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office told Peoria police they found the body of Rosalie Young, 78, and are investigating the death.
Officials said foul play is not suspected.
“This is obviously not the outcome that everyone was hoping for and we would like to extend our condolences to Young’s family,” Peoria police said in a Facebook post.
Young was last seen Aug. 17 at her home near Cactus Road and 79th Avenue.
Her family became concerned when she didn’t make it to a doctor’s appointment Thursday.
Young’s family said she suffered from cancer, diabetes and possible memory loss.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Missing Goodyear man found safe; Silver Alert canceled
- Silver Alert canceled for missing 77-year-old Scottsdale man
- Remains of missing Arizona woman with Down syndrome found in desert
- Silver Alert canceled after 82-year-old Chandler man found safe in Tucson
- Silver Alert canceled for 13-year-old Chandler girl with autism