2 walk away from small plane that lands hard near Mesa airport
PHOENIX – First responders said two people were able to walk way uninjured from a small plane crash near Mesa on Wednesday morning.
Mesa Fire and Medical said the plane landed on its belly near the city’s Gateway Airport around 7:30 a.m.
Fire crews from Gilbert and Queen Creek assisted, along with Mesa Police.
The plane crash-landed near Germann and Signal Butte roads, a couple of miles from the airport.
No other details were available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Mesa graphite-processing company expands into new headquarters
- 7 Maricopa Community colleges have chance to win $1M
- Mesa Music Festival features hundreds of acts during 3-day event
- 2 Valley cities ranked among best in nation to live for veterans
- Authorities locate teen whose belongings were found in Mesa park