2 walk away from small plane that lands hard near Mesa airport
PHOENIX – First responders said two people were able to walk way uninjured from a small plane crash near Mesa on Wednesday morning.
Mesa Fire and Medical said the plane landed on its belly near the city’s Gateway Airport around 7:30 a.m.
Fire crews from Gilbert and Queen Creek assisted, along with Mesa Police.
The plane crash-landed near Germann and Signal Butte roads, a couple of miles from the airport.
No other details were available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Mesa adopts stricter regulation against vaping in public places
- Branch of Mesa Public Library becomes autism certified
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Dec. 6-8
- Police investigating officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Valley Metro to offer Polar Express rides, holiday event this weekend