Phoenix votes on transit and budget, Props 105 and 106
Early voting in Phoenix is underway until election day, Aug. 27.
- Proposition 105 will end construction of light rail extensions and redirect funds to other transportation projects. In effect, it would mean the end of an expanded light rail system.
- Proposition 106 will cap most spending until the city’s pension liabilities are 90% funded. In practice, this will tie the hands of future Phoenix city councils.
Paul Johnson is a former mayor of Phoenix and opposes these measures.
Sam Stone is chief of staff to Councilman Sal DiCiccio and is an advocate of them.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sunday at 1-2 p.m. and repeats at 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after each show is broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Valley Metro to hold community meetings for light rail extension input
- Here’s how to party in the Valley on New Year’s Eve without driving
- Fife Symington, Paul Johnson on life after Arizona politics
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Dec. 20-22
- Wrong-way driver dies Sunday in collision with light rail in Phoenix