More than 7,000 SRP customers temporarily lose power in West Valley
PHOENIX – With the temperature climbing above 100 degrees, more than 7,000 customers were temporarily without power in the West Valley on Tuesday afternoon.
The power was reported out in pockets of Avondale between Interstate 10 and Southern Avenue in the areas of Avondale Avenue and El Mirage Road, according to the Salt River Project outage map.
The cause of the outages, which were first reported around 12:15 p.m., wasn’t announced.
By about 1 p.m., the number of customers without power was down to around 3,000, according to the outage map. Power was fully restored before 2 p.m.
The initial estimated time for restoration was 2:15 p.m.
No other information was available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Worker rescued from trench at SRP power generating station in Peoria
- Here’s how you can save money on your energy bill
- SRP water release at Granite Reef Dam likely to cause flooding, road closures
- Tempe to hold Salt River Project’s annual Water Conservation Expo
- SRP accepting grant applications from teachers for classroom education