Northbound I-17 partially reopened at Seventh Avenue after crash
PHOENIX — Northbound Interstate 17 was closed at Seventh Avenue on Friday due to a crash, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The backup from the closure around 2 p.m. was causing delays extending to westbound Interstate 10.
The right lane was reopened shortly after, but the two left lanes remained closed.
ADOT said the Arizona Department of Public Safety was working to move the damaged vehicles.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona lawmaker wants answers about Dion Johnson’s death
- Interstate-17 reopened north of Phoenix after Sunset Fire closure
- Brush fire causes backup of I-17 traffic heading north from Phoenix
- Video of I-17 crash in Phoenix shows dangers of wrong-way drivers
- Phoenix-bound traffic returns to normal on Interstate 17 southbound