Arizona unemployment rate unchanged at 4.9 percent in June
PHOENIX (AP) – Arizona seasonally adjusted unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.9 percent in June as the labor force increased by nearly 10,400 from the previous month while the state’s economy lost 44,600 nonfarm jobs.
The Arizona Commerce Authority said the public sector accounted for 41,800 of the jobs lost in June while the private sector lost 2,800 jobs.
Four economic sectors added jobs while five lost jobs.
The trade, transportation and utilities had the biggest gain with 3,700 additional jobs and the leisure and hospitality sector had the biggest loss with 5,800 fewer jobs.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Measles exposure linked to teen at dance competition in Phoenix
- Tesla restarts solar-panel business in Arizona, offers rental plans
- Arizona ranked among bottom half of states to have a baby
- ‘Deaths of despair’ continue to plague Arizonans, Americans
- Government delays border barrier construction in Arizona