Part of north Phoenix intersection closed due to water main break
PHOENIX — Multiple lanes at a north Phoenix intersection were closed Wednesday while crews responded to a water main break.
Two westbound lanes on Shea Boulevard and two southbound lanes on Tatum Boulevard were closed off due to the flow of water.
Some local businesses, including The Covenant restaurant, were forced to close for lunch.
Crews told KTAR News 92.3 FM they were installing fiber optic lines for a new development nearby when they struck an unmarked water main line.
Phoenix police responded to the situation and did not have an estimated time for when the situation will be resolved.
The Maricopa County Department of Emergency Management reminded drivers in the area not to attempt to cross flood waters.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Peter Samore contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Red-light runner on motorcycle hit by car, killed in Phoenix
- Phoenix robbery suspects hit up phone store, yogurt shop in separate cases
- Man dies after bar shooting in north Phoenix
- Aggravated assault suspect in Phoenix drives off after attack
- 3 pedestrians hospitalized after vehicle crashes into Phoenix bus stop