Part of north Phoenix intersection closed due to water main break
PHOENIX — Multiple lanes at a north Phoenix intersection were closed Wednesday while crews responded to a water main break.
Two westbound lanes on Shea Boulevard and two southbound lanes on Tatum Boulevard were closed off due to the flow of water.
Some local businesses, including The Covenant restaurant, were forced to close for lunch.
Crews told KTAR News 92.3 FM they were installing fiber optic lines for a new development nearby when they struck an unmarked water main line.
Phoenix police responded to the situation and did not have an estimated time for when the situation will be resolved.
The Maricopa County Department of Emergency Management reminded drivers in the area not to attempt to cross flood waters.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Peter Samore contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix man sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing girlfriend
- Phoenix police looking for suspects in 2 unrelated homicides
- Man accused of robbery that led to Phoenix mall being evacuated
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from August 9-11
- 4 pedestrians hurt in separate car incidents in Phoenix