Police investigate body found in Agua Fria River following brush fire
PHOENIX — Avondale fire crews discovered a deceased person at the bottom of the Agua Fria River near Van Buren Street as they swept the area following a brush fire that began on Friday.
Detectives were sent to the scene after the body was discovered, according to Avondale Police Public Information Officer Jaret Redfearn.
The body was not identified by police or investigators and foul play had not yet been determined.
No further information was given.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Amy Phol contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- West Valley woman accused of trying to set boyfriend on fire
- Avondale breaks ground on $9.5M expansion for police headquarters
- Festival Fields Park in Avondale set for grand reopening
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Nov. 8-10
- Harkins Theatres announces renovations for Avondale location