Think Tank: Arizona nonprofits discuss the risks kids face
The Think Tank takes a look at some of the issues facing our youth with representatives of several nonprofits who service kids at risk. The list of risks is daunting: substance abuse, bullying and depression/suicide risk, among others.
- Kristen Pollin is CEO of NotMyKid, a nonprofit that deals with many of these issues employing a peer-to-peer education model.
- Robert Gruler is an attorney who lost a brother to drug abuse/suicide. He founded Eric’s House.
- Nate Rhoten is executive director and Kado Stewart is program director for One N Ten, a nonprofit organization serving LGBTQ youth.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sunday at 1-2 p.m. and repeats at 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after each show is broadcast.
The Think Tank
- ‘Deaths of despair’ continue to plague Arizonans, Americans
- Mesa woman found dead in pool in apparent suicide
- Cyberbully target becomes an activist as ASU researchers develop app
- Valley treatment center founder has personal experience with addiction
- Phoenix mom wants positive result for kids who bullied son with autism