What’s under the bed? Arizona gets a good scare with state’s top Pixar flick
PHOENIX — Just remember, they scare because they care.
While the Phoenix Lights provided a spooky occurrence across the Arizona sky in the past, another entity had the state “gripped with fear” on the silver screen in 2018.
Much like Boo, Arizonans found the duo of Mike Wazowski and Sully friendly instead of frightening, choosing the film Monsters Inc. as the top Pixar film in the state.
With Toy Story 4 set to be released in July, CableTV put together a ranking of all the states’ favorite movies from Pixar.
The Southwest was clearly a fan of the monsters as only Arizona and New Mexico chose the film as top dog.
All told, 16 Pixar movies were selected across the 50 states and Washington D.C., with Cars, Coco, Incredibles 2 and Monsters University, left off the ranking.
Up was the clear favorite, earning high marks in 16 states and D.C., with most of the states being in the Midwest or the East Coast.
And although there have been sequels, the original Toy Story from 1995 still reigns supreme in Florida.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Ka-chow! Lightning McQueen replica sells at Scottsdale auction
- Sporks fly as new trailer for ‘Toy Story 4’ hits the internet
- At Disney/Pixar’s request, Arizona author writes book based on ‘Coco’
- ‘Monsters University’ named most popular Disney-Pixar film in Arizona
- Dug the talking dog from Disney Pixar’s ‘Up’ comes to life