Crash closes southbound State Route 51 at Indian School Road
PHOENIX — A crash closed southbound State Route 51 at Indian School Road and sent five people to local hospitals, authorities said Thursday night.
The lanes remained shut down until around 10:30 p.m.
An ADOT photo showed at least a car on its side in the HOV lane.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) June 14, 2019
Phoenix Fire said as of 9:15 p.m. the cause of the collision is unknown and is under investigation.
All five people who were taken to the hospital are adults, according to Phoenix Fire.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 3 Valley freeways to have closures this weekend for improvement projects
- Former ADOT employee charged with tampering with MVD files of inmates
- Several major Valley freeways to have closures this weekend
- Interstate 10 near 91st Avenue reopens after fatal pedestrian accident
- ADOT wins ASU sustainability award for Navajo Nation bridge