Authorities searching for suspect in Phoenix man’s 2009 murder
Phillip Powell, 52, lived in an apartment on 36th Street south of Thomas Road.
“He was found dead inside that apartment,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “Unfortunately, he was beaten to death and we have no suspect information.”
Powell was murdered four days before Christmas 2009. All detectives really know about Powell is that he has a brother who lives out of state and that he had a lot of friends who visited him at his apartment regularly. They don’t know who would want him dead.
Burch believes the key to this case is Powell’s picture. He encouraged anyone who may have known him, seen him or knew someone who knew him to call police.
To read more about this case, click here.
Arizona's Morning News
- Man convicted in 2007 killing of estranged wife in Arizona
- Phoenix Fire surprises young patients with ‘Christmas in July’ event
- Chandler man accused of 2nd-degree murder in wife’s death
- Tempe barricade situation ends when Gilbert homicide suspect kills himself
- Phoenix police searching for suspects in 2 separate driveway murders