Authorities searching for suspect in Phoenix man’s 2009 murder
Phillip Powell, 52, lived in an apartment on 36th Street south of Thomas Road.
“He was found dead inside that apartment,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “Unfortunately, he was beaten to death and we have no suspect information.”
Powell was murdered four days before Christmas 2009. All detectives really know about Powell is that he has a brother who lives out of state and that he had a lot of friends who visited him at his apartment regularly. They don’t know who would want him dead.
Burch believes the key to this case is Powell’s picture. He encouraged anyone who may have known him, seen him or knew someone who knew him to call police.
To read more about this case, click here.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Arizona's Morning News
- Tickets on sale for Grand Canyon Railway’s Polar Express
- 17-year-old girl identified as person killed in south Phoenix alley shooting
- Lori Vallow Daybell indicted in Arizona in death of estranged husband
- West Valley shooting suspect indicted on murder charge, 31 in total
- Tucson ranked No. 2 affordable big city in country for minimum wage earners