2 juveniles injured in car-pedestrian crash in Tempe
Two juveniles were struck by a car near the intersection of Southern Avenue and College Avenue in Tempe and both were treated for injuries.
According to Tempe police, the juveniles were riding on a skateboard and an electric scooter when they were hit by the vehicle. There was one 13-year-old male victim and one 12-year-old female victim.
The girl was originally treated with serious injuries but has been upgraded to stable condition. The male suffered leg injuries that were considered minor.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the crime scene and did not appear to be impaired based on a preliminary investigation.
A more complete investigation is taking place by the Tempe Police Vehicular Crimes Unit.
Police had closed traffic on Southern Avenue from Rural Road to College Avenue. They have reopened all traffic at the scene.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 3 Valley freeways to have closures this weekend for improvement projects
- Saguaro spears windshield in Tucson car crash but driver is OK
- Holiday weekend traffic causing delays on I-17 entering Phoenix
- Brush fire ties up I-17 traffic, prompts evacuations near Anthem Outlets
- I-10 closed to drivers from south heading into Valley this weekend