2 juveniles injured in car-pedestrian crash in Tempe
Two juveniles were struck by a car near the intersection of Southern Avenue and College Avenue in Tempe and both were treated for injuries.
According to Tempe police, the juveniles were riding on a skateboard and an electric scooter when they were hit by the vehicle. There was one 13-year-old male victim and one 12-year-old female victim.
The girl was originally treated with serious injuries but has been upgraded to stable condition. The male suffered leg injuries that were considered minor.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the crime scene and did not appear to be impaired based on a preliminary investigation.
A more complete investigation is taking place by the Tempe Police Vehicular Crimes Unit.
Police had closed traffic on Southern Avenue from Rural Road to College Avenue. They have reopened all traffic at the scene.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Motorcyclist ejected, killed in crash on Loop 101 in Phoenix
- Wreck shuts down Interstate 10 in Chandler/Ahwatukee area
- Tempe Union school bus crashes, travels about 2,000 feet into desert
- Wrong-way driver on Phoenix freeway crashes into 2 Tempe police cars
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Nov. 1-3