One dead after wrong-way collision on Interstate 40 near Flagstaff
PHOENIX — Eastbound Interstate 40 was temporarily closed on Saturday afternoon after a fatal wrong-way crash, according to authorities.
The vehicle collision occurred approximately 15 miles east of Flagstaff.
According to the Arizona Department of Public Safety, one person was killed.
However, the department could not immediately disclose any information about injuries or other pertinent information regarding the wreck.
The Arizona Department of Transportation has since reopened eastbound I-40.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Flagstaff, Coconino County to drop mask mandates June 1
- Wreckage of missing plane found near Flagstaff; 2 occupants killed
- Northern Arizona’s first state-run COVID vaccine site to open in Flagstaff
- 3 arrested after big stash of drugs found during Arizona traffic stop
- Arizona man with air rifle arrested on rooftop, allegedly threatened sister