Think Tank discusses winners and losers of Arizona legislative session
The Arizona Legislature passed an $11.8 billion budget in a session that extended over the entire Memorial Day weekend.
Our guests this week carefully watched most of the proceedings in person.
- Jim Small, is editor of the Arizona Mirror
- Christine Marsh, was Arizona’s 2016 Teacher of the Year and was a 2018 candidate for Arizona Senate losing in a squeaker.
We discuss, mostly with Jim Small:
- Winners and losers in the state’s budget
- Did Democrats play any role in the budgetary process whatsoever?
And, mostly with Christine Marsh, we consider:
- How did educators fare in the budget? How do they feel about it?
- What did RedforEd educators who watched the entire proceedings from the balcony, learn about the process?
All this and more in this week’s Think Tank.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sunday at 1-2 p.m. and repeats at 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after each show is broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Valley teachers spend hundreds of dollars on school supplies
- Arizona rainy day fund surpasses $1 billion for first time
- Arizona teachers renew ‘Red for Ed’ calls for more school funding
- Arizona House Democratic leader seeks special session for gun safety
- Benefits issue is still pending before Arizona Supreme Court