I-17 near Sunset Point clear of delays following vehicle fire
PHOENIX — Both directions of Interstate 17 near Sunset Point have cleared following a vehicle fire Sunday morning, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
SUBSTANTIAL CLEARING NOW I-17 NB and SB From Cordes Lakes to Black Canyon City is clearing up after a brush fire and lane closures near Sunset Point. The photo on the right is the most recent. #aztraffic pic.twitter.com/ei3Yfm8QTv
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 26, 2019
The fire allowed for only one lane of travel in each direction near Sunset Point, which is about 50 miles north of Phoenix, for several hours as crews worked to extinguish the flames.
ADOT said delays extended to Black Canyon City at one point.
Real-time highway conditions are available on ADOT’s Arizona Traveler Information website, by calling 511 and through ADOT’s Twitter feed.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ADOT implements pavement speed limit decals on SR 347
- ADOT inviting photographers to participate in annual contest
- Interstate 10 only Valley freeway to have major closure this weekend
- ADOT seeks public input on potential SR 87 improvements
- 2 Loop 101 ramps in Phoenix to be closed for 6 months starting Monday