I-17 near Sunset Point clear of delays following vehicle fire
PHOENIX — Both directions of Interstate 17 near Sunset Point have cleared following a vehicle fire Sunday morning, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
SUBSTANTIAL CLEARING NOW I-17 NB and SB From Cordes Lakes to Black Canyon City is clearing up after a brush fire and lane closures near Sunset Point. The photo on the right is the most recent. #aztraffic pic.twitter.com/ei3Yfm8QTv
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 26, 2019
The fire allowed for only one lane of travel in each direction near Sunset Point, which is about 50 miles north of Phoenix, for several hours as crews worked to extinguish the flames.
ADOT said delays extended to Black Canyon City at one point.
Real-time highway conditions are available on ADOT’s Arizona Traveler Information website, by calling 511 and through ADOT’s Twitter feed.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Weekend freeway restrictions to again affect drivers across the Valley
- ADOT to repair asphalt problems on new South Mountain Freeway
- Overnight closures scheduled for I-17 in North Valley this week
- Loop 202 in West Valley to have overnight lane closures this week
- Long delays on eastbound Interstate 10 in West Valley