State Route 74 reopened near Lake Pleasant following brush fire
PHOENIX — State Route 74 has reopened following a brush fire, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
UPDATE: SR 74 has reopened in both directions. https://t.co/PavHwF5C7n
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 26, 2019
The brush fire had closed State Route 74 in both directions near Lake Pleasant Regional Park in Peoria earlier in the afternoon.
The federal Bureau of Land Management said on Twitter late Saturday afternoon that the fire at one point was estimated at 120 acres (46 hectares).
— BLM Arizona Fire (@BLMAZFire) May 25, 2019
The highway is the main access route to the popular recreational area for boating on the northern outskirts of metro Phoenix.
ADOT on Twitter said the fire was separate from the Dove Fire, the brush fire that has burned more than 1,000 acres near Surprise.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Crews protect homes from northwest Phoenix brush fire
- Brush fire impedes traffic on northeast Phoenix roads near Scottsdale
- Man gets 20 years for killing girlfriend; body was dumped in Lake Pleasant
- Authorities identify man who drowned in Lake Pleasant on Memorial Day
- Bodies of 2 men who apparently drowned pulled from Arizona lakes