State Route 74 reopened near Lake Pleasant following brush fire
PHOENIX — State Route 74 has reopened following a brush fire, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
UPDATE: SR 74 has reopened in both directions. https://t.co/PavHwF5C7n
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 26, 2019
The brush fire had closed State Route 74 in both directions near Lake Pleasant Regional Park in Peoria earlier in the afternoon.
The federal Bureau of Land Management said on Twitter late Saturday afternoon that the fire at one point was estimated at 120 acres (46 hectares).
— BLM Arizona Fire (@BLMAZFire) May 25, 2019
The highway is the main access route to the popular recreational area for boating on the northern outskirts of metro Phoenix.
ADOT on Twitter said the fire was separate from the Dove Fire, the brush fire that has burned more than 1,000 acres near Surprise.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Brush fire closes Interstate 17 in both directions near Sunset Point
- Multiple agencies respond to brush fire in Phoenix near Lake Pleasant
- Brush fire restricts traffic on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Peoria to host country music festival at Lake Pleasant in October
- Growing brush fire closing roads in north Phoenix