Tucson police: Shooting victim found inside crashed car dies
TUCSON, Ariz. — Tucson police say a man found shot inside a car that crashed near an apartment complex has died and that a juvenile suspect has been arrested.
A police statement said 18-year-old Julian Zepeda died Friday night after being hospitalized after being found wounded Friday morning.
According to police, witnesses heard a single gunshot before the crash and the juvenile suspect had been seen running into the apartment complex.
Police said the suspect was arrested on an outstanding warrant during a search in the area near East 36th Street and South Country Club Road.
The suspect’s identity wasn’t released.
Police said one of the people involved was a known gang member and that the Police Department’s gang unit was summoned to participate in the investigation. Police didn’t identify that person.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 4 hurt in Toronto shooting during Raptors’ NBA championship festivities
- Somber memorials on anniversary of Florida nightclub rampage
- Police looking for suspects in Phoenix shooting that left victim paralyzed
- Two dead, one critically injured following shooting in Phoenix
- Arizona facing growing challenge with white supremacy, anti-Semitism