Skateboarder in critical condition after being hit by vehicle in west Phoenix
PHOENIX — A 19-year-old male is in critical condition after being hit by a vehicle while crossing a roadway in west Phoenix on Friday night, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Witnesses said the male, who was riding a skateboard, rode out into the street at 64th Avenue and Thomas Road at about 8 p.m. when he was struck by a westbound vehicle.
The skateboarder was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition with numerous injuries.
The driver of the involved vehicle, a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta, stopped and remained on the scene following the collision.
Police said the driver of the vehicle wasn’t impaired and that speed did not appear to be a factor.
The investigation is ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police release surveillance video of shoplifting incident
- Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams plans talks with officers, residents
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from June 14-16
- Think Tank talks 21st-century policing with Tempe Chief Sylvia Moir
- Mayor says she supports Phoenix police chief amid controversy