Phoenix Fan Fusion times, star guests, and other things to know
PHOENIX — After months of planning and guest announcements, Phoenix Fan Fusion is finally here.
What is Phoenix Fan Fusion? It’s the same event that takes place annually, just under a new name. Last year, organizers changed the name from Phoenix Comicon Phoenix Comic Fest last year after San Diego Comic-Con sued a Utah event over the use of “comic con,” but the “Fest” moniker didn’t catch on.
With that in mind, get ready for another comic book convention with some of the biggest names in the nerd fandom.
Here are the important things to know:
Phoenix Fan Fusion will take place Thursday through Sunday at the Phoenix Convention Center.
The first three days have events beginning at 8:55 a.m. and going until 11:30 p.m., while Sunday events begins at 8:55 a.m. and ends at 5:30 p.m.
For a full list of events, visit the Fan Fusion website.
Other names include:
- Star Wars actors Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian from the original films), Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Brian Herring (BB-8).
- Star Trek stars George Takei (Sulu), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) and Walter Koenig (Chekov).
- Chris Sarandon (Prince Humperdinck from “The Princess Bride” and Jack Skellington’s voice in “The Nightmare Before Christmas”).
- Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter).
- Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants).
Here’s the full list of guests.
However, there were some high-profile cancellations. Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who played Jaime Lannister, had to pull out, as did “Sharknado” star Ian Ziering.
Tickets for the convention start at $20 on Thursday, $30 on Friday, $45 on Saturday and $35 on Sunday. A full-event pass goes for $85.
You can purchase autographs and photo-ops from the stars as well.