Trump signs disaster declaration for Navajo Nation
WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. — President Donald Trump has approved a disaster declaration for the Navajo Nation and directed that federal officials provide aid as reimbursement for expenses stemming from a major snowstorm and subsequent flooding in late February.
The White House announcement Wednesday said Trump on Tuesday ordered that federal aid be used to supplement tribal efforts in the affected areas.
Tribal officials said in a separate statement that tribal President Jonathan Nez signed an emergency declaration on Feb. 19 and that tribal officials asked Vice President Mike Pence and Federal Emergency Management Agency officials in early March for assistance.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Navajo Nation signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Know what to do during 2019 Arizona monsoon season
- Report: Citizenship question on census would cost Arizona a seat in House
- Average Arizona gas price expected to dip under $3 soon
- ADOT digs debris out of catch basins to prep for monsoon rains