Canadian woman dies after being struck by vehicle in Scottsdale
PHOENIX — A 24-year-old Canadian woman has succumbed to her injuries after she was hit by a truck on Saturday morning while attempting to retrieve a cell phone on Thomas Road, Scottsdale police said.
Police say the woman, identified as Jesena Andony of Canada, was riding on a golf cart with a group at about 1:45 a.m. when one of the women on the vehicle lost her cell phone on Thomas Road near 68th Place.
The golf cart then pulled over and the woman began walking in the street in search of the phone when she was hit by a westbound pick-up truck.
The driver of the truck remained on scene and cooperated with investigators. Neither speed or impairment were factors in the collision, police said.
The woman was transported to an area hospital before succumbing to her injuries on Sunday.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Acclaimed chef Alex Stratta to open Scottsdale restaurant this spring
- Scottsdale City Council signs off on pricey high-rise project in Old Town
- Koi Poke sells 6 of 7 Valley locations to group led by former D-backs pitcher
- Talking Stick Resort hosting job fair to hire 150 employees
- Scottsdale, Gilbert ranked among 10 best places to spend Thanksgiving