2-year-old transported to hospital after near drowning in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A 2-year-old female was transported to a Phoenix hospital on Saturday after nearly drowning, Phoenix Fire said.
The incident occurred at a residence near 11th Avenue and Bell Road.
The female was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
No other details were immediately available.
Twelve people have died by drowning so far this year in Maricopa and Pinal counties.
The deaths of nine adults, one teen and two children under age 5 resulted from 35 water-related incidents through May 9, according to Children’s Safety Zone.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Mayor says she supports Phoenix police chief amid controversy
- Mayor Kate Gallego boosts light rail during state of Phoenix address
- Julian Castro visits Phoenix, touts plan for police reform
- Woman arrested for allegedly driving car into Phoenix officers
- Phoenix ties daily heat record set over 4 decades ago at 112 degrees