2-year-old transported to hospital after near drowning in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A 2-year-old female was transported to a Phoenix hospital on Saturday after nearly drowning, Phoenix Fire said.
The incident occurred at a residence near 11th Avenue and Bell Road.
The female was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
No other details were immediately available.
Twelve people have died by drowning so far this year in Maricopa and Pinal counties.
The deaths of nine adults, one teen and two children under age 5 resulted from 35 water-related incidents through May 9, according to Children’s Safety Zone.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona National Guard unit deploying to Middle East
- Amazon introduces new grocery service in Phoenix
- Monsters, pinball and improv: 3 ways to find your niche in metro Phoenix
- Brush fire closes Interstate 17 in both directions near Sunset Point
- Phoenix celebrates 99th year of 19th Amendment, plans for centennial