‘Think Tank’ rounds up the latest Arizona and national political news
It’s been six weeks since we did a review of the state of our politics, and a lot has changed since our last roundup.
Chuck Coughlin joins the “Think Tank” as we discuss both Arizona and national issues.
- Has Joe Biden become the clear front-runner for the Democratic nomination?
- Are we headed for a “wag the dog” war?
- What of trade wars and immigration policy?
- Will Democrats really get a say this year in the formulation of the state’s budget?
- A proposal to extend the statute of limitations for victims to sue child molesters; why passage is not a “no-brainer” and why it might not pass.
- The status of legislative efforts to make citizen initiatives all but impossible to put on the ballot.
- The dilemma of the Legislature with respect to marijuana legislation: pass something legislatively that they can regulate or risk a citizen initiative that is likely to pass (and which they cannot touch).
All this and more in this week’s “Think Tank.”
The Think Tank airs on KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sunday at 1-2 p.m. and repeats at 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after each show is broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Conference encourages Arizona students to speak up about bullying
- Arizona one of seven state legislatures Democrats target for takeover
- Arizona settles suit alleging harassment by prison officers
- The rocky history of Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Arizona
- Arizona flu season seeing early emergence of influenza B strain