3-month-old girl dies after falling into pool in Glendale
PHOENIX — An infant girl died Sunday after reportedly falling into a pool with her father in metro Phoenix several days earlier, authorities said Tuesday.
Officer Tiffany Ngalula with the Glendale Police Department told KTAR News 92.3 FM that the 3-month-old girl was pronounced dead around 11 a.m.
The exact cause of death has not been determined.
No criminal charges have been filed yet. Ngalula said police will continue to investigate.
Ngalula said it could take a few months until autopsy results are available.
Ashley Losch with the Glendale Fire Department told KTAR News that the the incident happened Friday at a home near 59th Avenue and Thunderbird Road.
The girl had pulses when she was taken to the hospital.
The father was not injured.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Amy Phol contributed to this report.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Glendale mayor, council member plan coronavirus testing blitz Saturday
- Glendale Fire Marshals seize nearly 4,000 pounds of illegal fireworks
- Valley show featuring Motley Crue, Def Leppard rescheduled for 2021
- Chicago pizza chain Lou Malnati’s opening Glendale location
- Glendale officer involved in car accident with fleeing suspect