20 removed from suspected human smuggling Phoenix home
PHOENIX — About 20 people were removed from a home in Phoenix that was suspected to be a stash house for human smuggling victims, a federal official said.
Investigators responded to a call “about the possibility of a human smuggling stashouse [sic]” at a home near 27th Avenue and Camelback Road, Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Yasmeen Pitts O’Keefe told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
Pitts O’Keefe did not have any details about the people who were rescued.
She said the investigation remains ongoing.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Woodbury Fire passes Willow to become state’s 5th largest fire
- Ariana Grande to make additional tour stop in Phoenix
- Arizona schools don’t get extra funding for students living in poverty
- 3-year-old Phoenix boy expected to recover after drowning incident
- Scottsdale-based Brat Haus to open location in Phoenix