20 removed from suspected human smuggling Phoenix home
PHOENIX — About 20 people were removed from a home in Phoenix that was suspected to be a stash house for human smuggling victims, a federal official said.
Investigators responded to a call “about the possibility of a human smuggling stashouse [sic]” at a home near 27th Avenue and Camelback Road, Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Yasmeen Pitts O’Keefe told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
Pitts O’Keefe did not have any details about the people who were rescued.
She said the investigation remains ongoing.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Globe police officer on leave following bar brawl Saturday
- Mayor says she supports Phoenix police chief amid controversy
- Mayor Kate Gallego boosts light rail during state of Phoenix address
- Julian Castro visits Phoenix, touts plan for police reform
- Woman arrested for allegedly driving car into Phoenix officers