Students, teacher become ill after smelling odor at Glendale school
PHOENIX — More than a dozen students and a teacher at a Glendale elementary school became ill Wednesday after smelling an unidentified odor.
Fire spokeswoman Ashley Losch told KTAR News 92.3 FM that 13 students and a teacher were treated at Sierra Verde Elementary School, located near 75th Avenue and Deer Valley Road.
None of those treated were taken to the hospital. Two buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Losch said the Deer Valley Unified School District has an environmental hygienist trying to determine a source.
The district said on a statement on its website that it will also conduct air quality tests of the room.
School was not canceled Wednesday.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Ashley Flood contributed to this report.