Several Tempe roads to be closed this weekend for Pat’s Run
PHOENIX — Pat’s Run — one of Tempe’s biggest events of the year — is on Saturday, and several roads will be temporarily closed as a result.
The road closures will begin Friday at 4 p.m., when Packard Drive will be closed in both directions between 6th Street and Rio Salado Parkway until 12 p.m. on Saturday.
Multiple other Tempe streets will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday:
• Street closed in both directions between Rural Road and Veterans Way
• Alpha Drive closed in both directions between University Drive and 6th Street
• Rio Salado Parkway closed in both directions between Rural Road and Hardy Drive
• Mill Avenue closed northbound between 3rd Street and Washington Street/Curry Road
• Curry Road closed eastbound and westbound between Mill and College avenues
• Lakeview Drive closed in both directions at Curry Road
• College Avenue closed southbound between Curry Road and Gilbert Drive
• Gilbert Drive closed eastbound between College Avenue and Scottsdale Road
• Scottsdale/Rural Road closed southbound between Gilbert and University drives
• Scottsdale/Rural Road closed northbound between University Drive and SR202
• Rio Salado Parkway closed westbound at McClintock Drive
• SR202 eastbound off-ramp at Scottsdale Road closed
• SR202 westbound on-ramp at Scottsdale Road closed
• SR202 westbound off-ramp at Scottsdale Road restricted to northbound traffic only on Scottsdale Road
Transit detours related to Pat’s Run can be found on the City of Tempe’s website.
Pat’s Run is in its 15th year and honors the life and legacy of Pat Tillman.
Tillman starred at Arizona State University before moving on to the Cardinals. He left the NFL in 2002 to become an Army Ranger and was killed in 2004.
Almost 30,000 participants are expected to take part in the 4.2 mile race.