1-year-old girl dies after being found in vehicle in Glendale
PHOENIX – A 1½-year-old girl died Monday after being found in a car in the West Valley, police said.
“The child wasn’t breathing and the child is confirmed to have passed away,” Sgt. Tara Ochoa, a spokeswoman for the Glendale Police Department, told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
The child was found unresponsive in a car parked at an apartment complex near 53rd Avenue and Thunderbird Road, Ochoa said.
ABC15 reported the child had been in the car for hours before her father found her. The father was the last person to drive the vehicle.
He began CPR on little girl before first responders arrived, police said.
The child was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Temperatures reached the high 80s on the day.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Chandler woman killed by gunshot, husband arrested on murder charges
- Glendale Police Dept. recommends felony charges for retired officer
- Report doesn’t include cause of deadly small plane crash in Arizona
- Glendale woman accused of killing husband, concealing body for days
- Police seek suspect in shooting death over Westgate parking space