1-year-old girl dies after being found in vehicle in Glendale
PHOENIX – A 1½-year-old girl died Monday after being found in a car in the West Valley, police said.
“The child wasn’t breathing and the child is confirmed to have passed away,” Sgt. Tara Ochoa, a spokeswoman for the Glendale Police Department, told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
The child was found unresponsive in a car parked at an apartment complex near 53rd Avenue and Thunderbird Road, Ochoa said.
ABC15 reported the child had been in the car for hours before her father found her. The father was the last person to drive the vehicle.
He began CPR on little girl before first responders arrived, police said.
The child was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Temperatures reached the high 80s on the day.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona utilities commissioner seeks outside probe after woman’s death
- Glendale Police joins Neighbors app by Ring for real-time safety
- Goodyear mother arrested after allegedly leaving 5-month-old in car
- Dead man found hanging from fence in Glendale; no foul play suspected
- Woman, 53, killed after fire breaks out in her Phoenix condo