Wreck, vehicle fire cause closure of Loop 101 in East Valley
PHOENIX — Part of the Loop 101 Price Freeway in the East Valley was closed Thursday afternoon because of a crash and vehicle fire, authorities said.
Northbound lanes were closed between Guadalupe and Baseline roads, the Arizona Department of Transportation said around 3:30 p.m.
The HOV and left two lanes reopened about 30 minutes later.
Southbound traffic was not affected.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Brush fire restricts traffic on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- 4 more miles of I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson have been widened
- Milstead says best way to stop wrong-way incidents is driving sober
- Program ongoing to decrease wrong-way freeway driving in Phoenix area
- Chandler, Surprise MVD offices close a week for tech upgrade