Wreck shuts down I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour Tuesday
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 southbound was closed at Glendale Avenue in Phoenix during rush hour Tuesday evening because of a wreck, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Traffic was backed up significantly at around 5:30 p.m.. About an hour later, ADOT said all lanes except the right one were reopened.
Drivers were advised to avoid the area, delay travel or use alternate routes.
Northbound traffic was not affected.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said it was a three-vehicle accident with a rollover.
There was no information about whether there were any injuries.
Drivers can also get alerts and alternate route notifications via ADOT’s mobile app.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Officer fatally shoots suspect in Nevada casino heist standoff
- Diverging diamond interchanges coming to South Mountain Freeway
- Brush fire restricts traffic on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Weekend Valley freeway closures include I-10 for new part of Loop 202
- 4 more miles of I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson have been widened