Body found at northern Arizona reservoir; homicide suspected
PHOENIX — Authorities are investigating a homicide after the body of a woman was found at a popular reservoir in northern Arizona over the weekend.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said the woman’s body was found around 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Bly Pit near the Blue Ridge Reservoir.
The body had undergone some decomposition by the time authorities located it.
There was no identification on the body.
Detectives and the medical examiner’s office are working to identify the woman.
No other information was immediately released.
The Blue Ridge Reservoir is located in Happy Jack, Arizona, which is about 65 miles south of Flagstaff.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- SUV driver charged with murder after Chandler woman killed in Chicago
- Phoenix police report spike in violent crime during virus pandemic
- Bail in murder case set at $2 million cash for Luke Air Force Base airman
- Death of northern Arizona inmate under investigation
- MCSO arrests 2 after remains of ASU professor found in landfill