MCSO: Boy dead after being pulled out of Lake Pleasant
PHOENIX — A 16-year-old boy has died at the hospital Friday night after being pulled out of Lake Pleasant earlier that afternoon.
According to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the boy was in critical condition after going under the water while swimming near the Desert Tortoise Campground at Lake Pleasant.
Two bystanders helped pull the boy from the water where he was transported to a nearby hospital, according to authorities.
MCSO later said in a tweet the boy passed away at the hospital.
The boy’s identity has yet to be released.
No further details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 1-year-old boy pulled from Glendale pool in critical condition
- 1-year-old boy in critical condition after being pulled from Phoenix pool
- 20-month-old boy dies after being pulled from Chandler pool
- Lake Pleasant bald eagle camera is livestreaming for 2nd season
- 1-year-old girl brought back to life after being pulled from Mesa pool