2019-20 tuition proposals for Arizona universities to be released Friday
PHOENIX – The governing body of Arizona’s three public universities will release 2019-20 tuition proposals on Friday, and it plans to set the new rates three weeks later.
The proposals for tuition rates at Arizona State University, the University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University will be made available on the Arizona Board of Regents website at noon.
Then on April 2, the board will host a statewide public hearing about the rates.
Students and anybody else interested will be able to make comments in person at these sites from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.:
- ASU Tempe campus, Memorial Union, Turquoise Room.
- ASU West campus in Glendale, Verde Dining Pavilion Multipurpose, Room 104.
- ASU Polytechnic campus in Mesa, Peralta Hall, Room 145.
- ASU Downtown Phoenix campus, Student Center at the Post Office, San Carlos Conference Room.
- NAU Flagstaff campus, Babbitt Administrative Center, BAC 206.
- NAU Yuma campus, Arizona Western College, Academic Complex, AC Room 111.
- UA Tucson campus, Old Main, Silver and Sage Room.
- UA Sierra Vista campus, Academic Technology Building, B153.
Comments will also be accepted through April 8 at email@example.com or through the mail at 2020 N. Central Ave., Suite 230, Phoenix, AZ, 85004.
The regents will hold an April 4 workshop at which university presidents will present their proposals. It will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the ASU Memorial Union Turquoise Room.
Tuition rates for the next school year will then be set April 11 during a board meeting at the University of Arizona.
The public hearings, workshop and board meeting will all be livestreamed on the regents website.
The board has come under criticism, and even faces a lawsuit filed by Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, over rising costs for students.
For the current school year, the base resident undergrad tuition was $10,822 at ASU, $11,564 at NAU and $12,447 at UA.