San Francisco Giants’ Cameron Maybin arrested for DUI in Scottsdale
PHOENIX — An outfielder in the San Francisco Giants organization was arrested in Scottsdale last week for driving under the influence, police told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
Spokesman Ofc. Kevin Watts said Cameron Maybin, 31, was arrested Friday.
According to the police report, Maybin was stopped by police around 2 a.m. after he was observed driving approximately 60 mph in a 40 mph zone and swerving.
When he was pulled over, authorities observed signs of impairment, including bloodshot and water eyes and smell of alcohol, with Maybin.
Maybin told police he was at Oceans 44 near Scottsdale Road and Goldwater Boulevard, where he had five “pretty big” glasses of wine, and was heading to meet his agent at a hotel.
He was arrested after he failed several walking tests. At the time of the arrest, Maybin had a blood alcohol content of .142 percent, nearly twice the legal limit.
Maybin was recently signed to a minor league contract with Giants organization for $1.75 million.
Maybin, who has played for seven teams over 12 major league seasons, split time between the Miami Marlins and Seattle Mariners in 2018.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Loop 101 ramps in Scottsdale to close for two months
- Woman arrested for allegedly driving car into Phoenix officers
- Hash Kitchen to open location in Phoenix neighborhood on Wednesday
- Scottsdale man arrested after allegedly sexually exploiting 3-year-old girl
- 44th Mighty Mud Mania set to return to Scottsdale park