San Francisco Giants’ Cameron Maybin arrested for DUI in Scottsdale
PHOENIX — An outfielder in the San Francisco Giants organization was arrested in Scottsdale last week for driving under the influence, police told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
Spokesman Ofc. Kevin Watts said Cameron Maybin, 31, was arrested Friday.
According to the police report, Maybin was stopped by police around 2 a.m. after he was observed driving approximately 60 mph in a 40 mph zone and swerving.
When he was pulled over, authorities observed signs of impairment, including bloodshot and water eyes and smell of alcohol, with Maybin.
Maybin told police he was at Oceans 44 near Scottsdale Road and Goldwater Boulevard, where he had five “pretty big” glasses of wine, and was heading to meet his agent at a hotel.
He was arrested after he failed several walking tests. At the time of the arrest, Maybin had a blood alcohol content of .142 percent, nearly twice the legal limit.
Maybin was recently signed to a minor league contract with Giants organization for $1.75 million.
Maybin, who has played for seven teams over 12 major league seasons, split time between the Miami Marlins and Seattle Mariners in 2018.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- SuperShuttle to end service to Phoenix airports in 3 weeks
- Chauncey Social restaurant and nightclub opens in north Scottsdale
- Acclaimed chef Alex Stratta to open Scottsdale restaurant this spring
- Scottsdale City Council signs off on pricey high-rise project in Old Town
- Koi Poke sells 6 of 7 Valley locations to group led by former D-backs pitcher