7 injured in Phoenix accident involving 2 semis, dump truck
PHOENIX – Seven people were injured Monday morning in a multi-vehicle accident involving two semi-trucks and a dump truck in Phoenix, authorities said.
One man was transported to a local trauma center, where he was in stable condition, after the accident at the intersection of Indian School Road and Grand and 35th avenues, Capt. Kenny Overton of the Phoenix Fire Department said in an email.
Additionally, three adults were taken to hospitals for evaluation and three others refused treatment after being evaluated at the scene.
Overton said the accident involved multiple passenger vehicles in addition to the trucks.
Grand Avenue was closed in both directions at 35th Avenue due to the crash until around 5:30 p.m.
A few miles to the west, responders were investigating a car-pedestrian accident the same morning at Indian School Road and 53rd Avenue.
Closures were in place along Indian School from 51st to 53rd avenues, according to an email from Phoenix Police Sgt. Vince Lewis.
No other information was immediately available about either incident.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert issued for Phoenix man missing for nearly 3 weeks
- Arizona National Guard unit deploying to Middle East
- Amazon introduces new grocery service in Phoenix
- Monsters, pinball and improv: 3 ways to find your niche in metro Phoenix
- Brush fire closes Interstate 17 in both directions near Sunset Point