Here are the benefits of having a water treatment system
Water touches nearly every aspect of people’s lives.
Only one percent of water that comes into a home is used for drinking. The other 99 percent is working water, proving that the benefits of high-quality water extend far beyond the kitchen faucet.
When water quality is subpar, the effects reverberate throughout the home. The elements in hard water buildup in pipes and appliances and cause increased wear on clothes and glassware because those elements are harder to clean.
Whole house water treatment systems offer whole body benefits. Bathing in softened water leaves hair and skin softer and more hydrated than hard water. Soft water also:
• Cuts down on cleaning time and costs
• Reduces spotting on glasses and dishes
• Keeps clothes, towels and linens cleaner and brighter
• Helps prevent soap scum and hard water deposits on bathroom fixtures and shower doors
• Saves on energy costs—water heaters function 30 percent more efficiently with soft water
• Contributes to longer appliance life—appliances using soft water can last 30 percent longer
• Helps protect against plumbing problems such as mineral scale build-up and pinhole leaks from acid water issues
The Water Quality Association reports laundry costs can double for people using hard water.
Clothes become stiff and rough when hard water deposits react with the chemicals in laundry detergents, and because more detergent is needed, colors fade and fabrics wear up to 15 percent faster.
Washing machines can wear out nearly 30 times faster when using hard water. In fact, any appliance that uses or processes water works less efficiently with hard water. From coffee makers to water heaters, users will not experience the desired result without using soft water, made possible through treatment systems.
A combination hybrid system softens AND filters all the water to your home. In addition to the benefits above, chlorine, foul odors and tastes are also removed. This helps reduce the drying effects of chlorine on your family’s skin and hair and helps reduce fading of colored laundry. Chlorine can destroy resin in water softeners, so removing it helps prolong the life of your resin too. Plus, some question the health effects of inhaling chlorine from shower steam or bathing in it.
Kinetico’s whole house water treatment systems can benefit nearly every aspect of users’ lives, from limiting time spent cleaning, to keeping skin and hair radiant, to lengthening plumbing and appliance lives. Thanks to Kinetico, the highest quality water helps customers live the highest quality lives.
Rosie on the House
- Here are drainage and landscape tips to protect your home’s foundation
- Navajo, Hualapai water-rights bills get warm reception in House hearing
- Valley treatment center founder has personal experience with addiction
- Want to keep your garage door working safely? Here’s how
- Interested in inspecting your roof yourself? Here’s what to look for