Elderly woman pronounced dead in south Phoenix house fire
PHOENIX — A woman’s body was found in a house fire in south Phoenix early on Saturday morning.
The house was destroyed by the fire and fire officials confirmed that an elderly woman was caught in the blaze and pronounced dead.
The fire took place near the corner of 15th Avenue and Broadway Road.
On Saturday, the woman was identified as 64-year-old Maria Corona.
Officials said that an investigation was ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Crews battle to keep brush fire under control off I-17 north of Phoenix
- Glendale teen pleads guilty to starting 3 fires on national forest land
- Crews protect homes from northwest Phoenix brush fire
- Phoenix Fire, mayor making dementia training a priority
- Mobile unit speeds up life-saving care for Phoenix stroke patients