Elderly woman pronounced dead in south Phoenix house fire
PHOENIX — A woman’s body was found in a house fire in south Phoenix early on Saturday morning.
The house was destroyed by the fire and fire officials confirmed that an elderly woman was caught in the blaze and pronounced dead.
The fire took place near the corner of 15th Avenue and Broadway Road.
On Saturday, the woman was identified as 64-year-old Maria Corona.
Officials said that an investigation was ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Supreme Court won’t hear case of Arizona man freed from prison
- Phoenix Fire Dept. takes proactive steps against coronavirus
- Woman’s body found inside Phoenix mobile home after fire extinguished
- Hiker rescued off 200-foot-high cliff on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix
- Phoenix couple, neighbor escape their burning homes without injury