Elderly woman pronounced dead in south Phoenix house fire
PHOENIX — A woman’s body was found in a house fire in south Phoenix early on Saturday morning.
The house was destroyed by the fire and fire officials confirmed that an elderly woman was caught in the blaze and pronounced dead.
The fire took place near the corner of 15th Avenue and Broadway Road.
On Saturday, the woman was identified as 64-year-old Maria Corona.
Officials said that an investigation was ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Fire, mayor making dementia training a priority
- Mobile unit speeds up life-saving care for Phoenix stroke patients
- Authorities investigate white powder at Chase Field
- Pilot in critical condition after plane crashes onto north Phoenix road
- Brush fire impedes traffic on northeast Phoenix roads near Scottsdale