Surprise is Phoenix’s most trending suburb, study finds
PHOENIX — Renters are flocking to several Phoenix-area suburbs and the most coveted one may come as a surprise.
Surprise, Arizona’s 10th-largest city in population, saw the highest five-year increase in renters in Phoenix with a 36 percent increase, a study from Rent Cafe found.
Not only was Surprise the most popular suburb, but it also saw the highest five-year increase in rent.
A 44 percent rent increase saw the average rent in Surprise in October 2018 to be $1,208, per Rent Cafe.
Avondale (35 percent), Peoria (33 percent), Goodyear (30 percent) and Gilbert (28 percent) rounded out the top five most popular Phoenix-area suburbs, respectively.
No Phoenix-area suburb was in the top 20 nationally for most trending, however.
Five suburbs in Georgia, including No. 1 Chamblee, three in Texas and two in Florida made the top 10.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Surprise to begin e-scooter, e-bike pilot program next month
- Surprise Firefighters Association upset with city after loss of engine
- Missing Marine didn’t arrive at base after leave in Phoenix area, family says
- West Valley suburb to create dementia friendly community
- Here are some tips for correctly sorting and recycling your trash