Surprise is Phoenix’s most trending suburb, study finds
PHOENIX — Renters are flocking to several Phoenix-area suburbs and the most coveted one may come as a surprise.
Surprise, Arizona’s 10th-largest city in population, saw the highest five-year increase in renters in Phoenix with a 36 percent increase, a study from Rent Cafe found.
Not only was Surprise the most popular suburb, but it also saw the highest five-year increase in rent.
A 44 percent rent increase saw the average rent in Surprise in October 2018 to be $1,208, per Rent Cafe.
Avondale (35 percent), Peoria (33 percent), Goodyear (30 percent) and Gilbert (28 percent) rounded out the top five most popular Phoenix-area suburbs, respectively.
No Phoenix-area suburb was in the top 20 nationally for most trending, however.
Five suburbs in Georgia, including No. 1 Chamblee, three in Texas and two in Florida made the top 10.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Costco planning to open West Valley location this fall
- 69-year-old man found dead near pool at home in Surprise
- Phoenix public pools will stay closed, need time to safely plan
- Silver Alert canceled for West Valley man who drove away from home
- College campus in Surprise celebrating $57M in new construction