North Phoenix water main break could impact traffic for days
PHOENIX — A water main break in north Phoenix could cause days of headaches for drivers, police announced Friday.
The break near Seventh Avenue and Deer Valley Road covered a large portion of the roadway during the early morning hours, completely blocking traffic.
Seventh Avenue is closed in both directions between Deer Valley Road and Melinda Lane.
Sgt. Armando Carbajal said in an email that extensive damage from the break could cause sinkholes in the road, but added that he has not yet been informed of any.
There was no cause for the main break.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Woodbury Fire passes Willow to become state’s 5th largest fire
- Ariana Grande to make additional tour stop in Phoenix
- Arizona schools don’t get extra funding for students living in poverty
- 3-year-old Phoenix boy expected to recover after drowning incident
- Scottsdale-based Brat Haus to open location in Phoenix