Shamrock Farms issues recall for vanilla milk product in Arizona
PHOENIX – Phoenix-based Shamrock Farms dairy issued a recall Friday for a vanilla milk product because of concerns over nut allergies.
The voluntary recall is for the company’s 2 percent reduced fat vanilla milk in half-gallon cartons with a best before date of March 16, 2019.
Retained samples of the product tested positive for almonds, but the packaging doesn’t list the nut allergen.
No illnesses have been reported as result of drinking the milk, which was shipped throughout Arizona, according to a Shamrock Farms press release.
All retail customers who received the product were notified of the recall.
The release said anybody with the product shouldn’t consume it and should return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers with questions can call 1-888-HI-ROXIE on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Government delays border barrier construction in Arizona
- Arizona’s early education system gets low marks from website
- Valley political expert: Curt Schilling could be formidable candidate
- WalletHub: 7 Arizona cities ranked in top 100 pet-friendliest cities in nation
- Arizona agriculture industry worried after China halts product purchases