Macaulay Culkin recreates ‘Home Alone’ scenes in new Google ad
SALT LAKE CITY — Macaulay Culkin just recreated a ton of scenes from “Home Alone” for a new Google Assistant commercial.
The ad, which is called “Home Alone Again,” recreates many of the scenes from the 1990 holiday classic, including:
• The getting-ready scene in the bathroom.
• The scene where Kevin eats dinner alone.
• The scene where Kevin jumps on his parents’ bed.
• And just about every memorable scene from the movie.
The commercial even replaced all the house tricks with modern technology. And it replaces the Michael Jordan cutout for one of Kevin Durant.
Google Assistant: The ad above features the Google Home and Google Assistant helping Culkin complete his tasks. According to a Google blog post, you can experience “Home Alone” nostalgia with phrases.
Say: “How much do I owe you?” and you’ll be asked to keep the change, you filthy animal.
“Did I forget something?” leads to the “KEVIN!” scream.
“It’s me, Snakes. I got the stuff,” creates a dialogue from the movie “Angels with Filthy Souls,” seen in “Home Alone.”
New phone?: The Verge reports the ad includes a phone that we’ve never seen before from Google. Hmm.
Flashback: Funny enough, Culkin appeared on “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon” earlier this month and said he doesn’t like to go out during the holidays because of the “Home Alone” fame.
“I definitely don’t (go out),” he said.”It’s my ‘season.’ It’s Macaulay season. I try to go out less and less around that time of year.”
He also said he might even change his middle name thanks to an ongoing PR stunt.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
- Social media crackdown continues after siege of US Capitol
- Arizona joins lawsuit accusing Google of being an illegal monopoly
- Blur your home on Maps, erase data to remove yourself from Google’s grip
- Simple tech tips to keep your Amazon account information private
- What does the ‘exposure notification’ on my smartphone mean?